Science Museum Learning Advisers help us to test our new ideas and activities and give advice about how to improve them. This ensures that what we create is engaging, practical, supports the curriculum, and has the ‘wow’ factor that will appeal to students.
In the past our Learning Advisers have been involved in:
- piloting classroom resources in their lessons
- testing prototype layouts for the Educators area of our website
- giving feedback about new exhibitions in relation to school visits.
Current opportunity - testing a new classroom resource
We are seeking KS2 , KS3 and KS4 teachers to try out a new classroom resource and tell us what you think.
This new resource includes 3D scans of objects in our collection and provides links to the curriculum that we hope will support you in your teaching.
You can participate in one of two ways:
- Review the resource in your free time on your computer or tablet and share your feedback with us in a phone interview. The interview will take 15-30 minutes and we can arrange a time that is most convenient for you.
- Trial the resource with students in your classroom, with a follow-up phone interview lasting about 15-30 minutes at a time that is most convenient for you.
The testing and telephone interview will need to be completed by end of June 2017.
We offer Amazon vouchers as compensation for time spent.
If you would like to take part or would like to know more, please contact email@example.com
Current opportunity - feedback about school visits to Wonderlab
We are looking for KS2 and KS3 teachers who have visited Wonderlab: The Statoil Gallery with their students in March, April or May 2017 to help us understand the impact of the gallery. You'll participate in small workshops at the Science Museum with other teachers, to discuss your impressions of the gallery and student outcomes from your visit.
Dates for the workshops will be based on your availability between now and 9 June 2017. We are offering £40 to cover out-of-pocket expenses and as compensation for time spent.
If you would like to take part or know more, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to get involved in new opportunities?
We welcome applications from teachers and educators from all age phases and across a range of subject areas.
Simply complete the Application Form and send it back to us.
We will then contact you when new opportunities arise and you can decide whether or not you would like to be involved in that particular project.
Learning Advisers help us in a voluntary capacity, but there is usually a small incentive to thank you for your time. There's no obligation for you to take part unless you want to.
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com