What to Do
Time: 30-40 minutes
Groups: 3-4 students
You will need: an activity sheet and pen or camera per group
1. Tell students to explore the gallery and choose a different object for each challenge. They will need to work together and discuss their selection as a team.
2. If you have cameras, ask students to photograph or make a short film clip of their chosen object.
3. Allow 30 minutes to complete as many challenges as possible.
4. Ask each group to share what objects they have chosen and why.
Talking it further
- Combine the clips from each group’s camera, add some music and show the films back in class.
- Get students to do an object hunt at home or in their local area.
- Use photos of object in your teaching to highlight the applications of science.