Booking terms and payment
Admission to the Museum is free but charges apply for some activities.
For charged activities the following booking terms apply:
- If you need to reduce numbers or cancel your booking for any charged activities listed on your Visit Confirmation Letter you must tell us in writing at least 14 days before the date of your visit.
- We cannot accept cancellations or reductions in numbers within 14 days of your visit date and your school/organisation will be required to pay the full cost of the places shown on your Visit Confirmation Letter even if fewer people come on the day, you are delayed and miss your event, or your group does not come to the Museum at all.
- You can increase numbers for a charged activity at any time provided places are still available.
If you are collecting monies from pupils/attendees please allow enough time to tell us about any changes in numbers.
Please ensure your travel arrangements to and from the Museum allow you to arrive in good time for any charged events.
If you are running late please let us know so we can try to re-jig your itinerary. This is not always possible and you remain liable for the cost if you miss a charged event.
What happens if the Museum cancels an event?
Very occasionally we need to cancel charged activities due to unforeseen circumstances. If this happens we will contact you as soon as we can to offer alternatives where possible. If you have already paid and you cannot take up our suggested alternatives we will give a full refund.
Some charged activities require a minimum audience size. If we do not receive sufficient bookings for the event to go ahead we will contact you as soon as possible to tell you. We will offer you an alternative date or activity where feasible. If you have already paid and you cannot take up our suggested alternatives we will give a full refund.
When you make a booking to visit the Science Museum we will send you a Visit Confirmation Letter. This will show your visit itinerary, along with the costs for any charged activities that you have asked us to include.
Three weeks before your visit we will send you an email reminder that the deadline is approaching for reducing numbers or cancelling your booking for any charged activities.
Two weeks before your visit we will send you an invoice for the cost of the charged activities. We must receive your payment ahead of the visit date.
To pay you can:
- Call us on 020 7942 4777 to pay by credit card.
- Send a cheque payable to SCMG Enterprises Limited to Learning Support Office, Science Museum, Exhibition Road, London SW7 2DD.
- Make payment by Bacs to sort code: 20-06-05, account no: 90676292.
Please include your booking reference and visit date on the cheque or Bacs remittance. You will find these details on the invoice.